During the 2020-21 and 2021-22 campaign years, I helped promote the State of Wisconsin’s employee combined charity giving campaign, Partners in Giving, to UW–Madison staff. Soon after starting at UW in April 2020, I was asked to serve on the Communications Subcommittee of the university’s committee in part due to my fundraising and online organizing experience. This program has traditionally been built on in-person interaction, but during the pandemic it had to rapidly shift to a remote work environment.
During those two years, I worked with staff from around campus to expand and improve online promotion.
Among other things, I created:
- Social media posts for UW–Madison institutional accounts:
- Social media toolkits: In 2021, units such as Discovery to Product, the Industrial and Systems Engineering department, UW–Madison Libraries, the Nelson Institute, the Biochemistry department, and others used material I distributed in toolkits to promote the campaign.
- Campus-wide emails:
- Other materials:
- Call for submissions: employee “Why I Give” content
- An initial draft “mini-manual” for employees getting involved with Partners in Giving (which could be expanded over time)
- My recommendations for future campaign improvements
Today is #GivingTuesday and the final day of the active Partners in Giving campaign. In a new video, @badgerband director Corey Pompey and members of the band show us how, together, UW–Madison employees can make an impact.
— UW–Madison (@UWMadison) November 30, 2021
UW–Madison employees share why they contribute through Partners in Giving to a wide variety of organizations, including those that protect Wisconsin's great outdoors. This year's campaign ends May 15. More info: https://t.co/RydpWS9GSR #WIGives #EarthWeek pic.twitter.com/1LPfnwsLil
— UW–Madison (@UWMadison) April 17, 2021